Navy SEALs use an extensive array of firearms of both U.S. and foreign manufacture, several of which have been specifically developed for them or U.S. SOF in general. SEALs have latitude, within designated parameters, in their selection of primary and secondary weapons. The highly-accurate and versatile M4A1 Carbine is the standard issue weapon for SEAL operators, while pistols are usually carried as backup weapons. Weapons choice is always mission-dependent and the SEALs have a wide array of firearms from which to select the precise ones. Following is a representative list of firearms that Navy SEALs currently use, within each class of weapon.
- M14 Sniper Rifle (7.62mm)
- MK11 Mod 0 Sniper Weapon System (7.62mm)
- M82A1 Heavy Sniper Rifle (.50 cal)
- Benelli M4 Super 90 Shotgun
- M203 Grenade Launcher (40mm)
- M224 Mortar (60mm)
- M136 AT4 Light Anti-Tank Rocket